Wednesday, June 22, 2011

FALSE ACCUSATIONS ARE GOOD EDUCATION

I recently had a 'run-in' with a lady from the nearby school. She and many others know that I am a Christian. Some of them know what a 'Christian' is and others have their own interpretations.Some call Christianity, Catholicism, others think it's Pentecostal, while a few say it's Jehovah Witness etc etc.
All these I call , 'Denominations". But being a Christian, as I emphasized to this woman, is not a denomination which I follow or belong to. Whom I follow and belong to is Jesus Christ Himself. Hence the name "Christian".
Anyway, back to my  friend. The people she associates with needed some much aquired help at the school., so I volunteered on a weekly basis. They all know how uncomfortable I feel when the name of Jesus Christ and God are blasphemed and put into a very offensive sentence...so the others try their hardest not swear or say anything offensive around me out of respect. And I also do the same for them. I listen to what they have to say, even when it offends me , I don't say a word but freedom of speech is given to them. But when it comes to me, I get attacked for not 'swearing', or not taking part in gossip, or foul jokes.and for that I am branded as a "goody two-shoes" and a "good Catholic Christian"(??) and 'perfect' etc.
Now I've never ever once said I was any of the above or given anyone the impression that I want them to hold their tongues when I'm around. Some of them just chose to do that........But truly I know it is the conviction of the Holy Spirit rebuking their hearts when they are around me. Me? Yes, me. a NOBODY. A 'GOODY-TWO-SHOES" if I may...... It's not me who they're convicted of, or rebuked by but it is He who shines in me for His glory .
My prayer each day is this:LORD, WHEREVER I GO,WHATEVER I SAY,WHOEVER I MEET, LET THEM SEE YOU IN ME...MAY YOU SHINE UPON MY FACE, MAY THEY HEAR THE PEACE IN MY VOICE AND MAY I HAVE THE WALK WORTHY OF YOU THAT THEY MAY KNOW WITHIN.....that I HAVE BEEN WITH JESUS......(Acts 4:12-14)
To be falsely accused by non-believers is a hard thing to argue. The more you argue the more they attack & by the end of it all (if there is ever an end) they end up putting "words in your mouth" and you're left with such a down feeling that you wonder 'what happened here?'.......And that's how the enemy wants you to feel. Defeated! But God forbid this because His Word says, 'We are more than Conquerors in Christ Jesus our Lord!"".........And He warns us to "avoid foolish disputes".
So in my Christian walk with the Lord every day in the last 23 years,
I have failed much, but have learned much.
Have spoken foolishly quickly and wisely slowly,
 have jumped when I should've thought first and
 restrained from acting irrationally.
LIFE IS EDUCATION WHEN.......... KNOWLEDGE BECOMES UNDERSTANDING AND WISDOM LEADS YOU TO ETERNAL LIFE.
That's all that matters.........................to me, anyway.
My volunteering days at the school are over........Now I volunteer to kneel before His majesty's feet. 

6 comments:

  1. It can be hard, can't it? It's a little like when one is on a weight loss diet and then all of a sudden people react to eating cake around you or they try to force you to eat... "Oh it's just one little piece. You can burn it off later on, etc". Useless and pointless to get involved. Harder in one way but easier to just lay it at the foot of the cross and walk away.

    Bless you sister... your sharing always brightens my day or gives me food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As your blog does me dear sister! although the cake for the flesh does seem more appealing these days than what people try to 'feed' you! God lift you up always!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog, Lina, and thanks for this post!
    It was something I really needed today. =)

    Marty, from NC, USA. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marty! I think I need a little push to write more especially if lovely people like yourself all the way from the USA are reading my blog!!! God bless you with many of His daily blessings! :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, lovely to find your blog. Looking forward to getting to know you here!

    Jeanne (from Susan's blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovely lady! Great to see your beautiful face on my blog comments! How encouraging it is!!! I'd better expose a little more of my mind then!!! God send His comfort to you daily Jeanne! :)

      Delete